Serving size: recipe makes 48 cake pops
- 1 box of yellow cake mix (including the vegetable oil and eggs needed)
- 1 16 oz can of Vanilla Frosting
- 2 Hills Bros. English Toffee single-serve cups (open and set aside)
- 1 48 oz bag of Vanilla Candy coating for cake pops
- Flour (for dusting the baking pan or pans)
- Cake pop sticks (pack of 48)
- Styrofoam block with holes punch out for sticks (for holding the cake pops after dipping)
- Candy gold sprinkles (large balls and glitter size)
Prepare Cake mix as instructed on the box, after mixing in the vegetable oil and eggs, add in the 2 Hills Bros. English Toffee single-serve cups. Bake according to instructions on box. Cool completely. (Cake can be baked in 13×9 or two 8×8)
Next, slide cake out of pan into the large glass baking dish, and begin mashing well with the fork.
After mashing all of the cake into very small pieces, add ¾ of the frosting container. Mix it in completely.
Begin making small balls by rolling the cake mixture by hand.
Place each rolled ball onto the baking sheet to set.
Chill the balls in the refrigerator for at least an hour or freeze for about 15 min. The balls should be cold when working with them.
Microwave the Vanilla Candy coating as directed in the microwavable container selected for dipping.
Take out chilled balls, take a cake pop stick and dip into the melted candy coating. Place a dipped stick into each ball. The dip secures the stick into the ball. KEEP THE CAKE BALLS COLD.
If needed, place sheet of prepared balls with sticks into freezer for a minute to chill.
Now begin dipping each pop turning and tapping excess.
Stick each pop into the Styrofoam block for setting.
While the coating is beginning to set, sprinkle the candy glitter onto the cake pops.